Past Lunch & Learn Masterclasses
The 5 Qualities of Emotional Intelligence & Its Impact on Leadership Presented by Tina Hyland with neXco National
Emotional Intelligence or EI is the ability to understand and manage your emotions, and those of the people around you. People with a high degree of EI know what they’re feeling, what their emotions mean, and how these emotions can affect other people. To be effective, leaders must have a solid understanding of how their emotions and actions affect the people around them. The better a leader relates to and works with others, the more successful he or she will be.
This masterclass will breakdown the 5 qualities of Emotional Intelligence and show you how you can manage and improve in each area especially during the pandemic to be a better and more skilled leader.Additional resources you may consider on today’s topic:
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ – Daniel Goleman (EQ founder)
- Primal Leadership: Unleashing the Power of Emotional Intelligence – Goleman and authors Richard Boyatzis and Annie McKee
- Working with Emotional Intelligence – Daniel Goleman
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 Book Summary – Drs Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves
Effective Time Management Skills to improve Work/Life Balance Presented by Tina Hyland with neXco National
Time management skills are increasingly important in a world where people rush headlong from one crisis to another. Our society has been taught that being busy is equivalent to being successful or important. It has become part of our culture to multi-task.
A positive work-life balance is necessary to be at your best. It is also a key driver for organizations retaining top talent. You can have a successful career and private life at the same time. Don’t allow work-life imbalance to be your accepted norm.
Leaders should be setting an example of what are and are not acceptable hours for working. Striking a balance between work and family/leisure involves efforts from leaders and employees. Effective time management is a significant contributing factor with work-life balance.
In this masterclass we will be discussing the effective time management skills to improve work-life balance and the 4 D’s of time management to help you use your time more effectively.
How to Have Difficult Conversations in the Workplace Presented by Tina Hyland with neXco National
All leaders have difficult conversations at some point in time, whether it’s telling an employee they aren’t getting a raise or a promotion, disciplining poor performance, or even firing someone. Having difficult conversations may never be easy, but there are ways to make those conversations both productive and as painless as possible.
In this masterclass, you’ll be provided a step-by-step checklist of action items to think about before going into the conversation; some useful concepts to practice during the conversation; and some tips and suggestions to help you stay focused and flowing in general, including possible conversation openings. You’ll leave with the tools and strategies to feel more confident and empowered to initiate these conversations instead of dreading them and putting them off.
Don’t start another year with plenty of motivation, energy and determination and then lose steam by February or March and before you know it, another year has passed and you haven’t achieved your goals or made the progress you desired. Join us for our December Lunch & Learn Goal Setting Workshop where you will learn to take your SMART goals and:
Bring your goals, or create them in our workshop and after incorporating these steps, you will see 100% growth in 100 days which will ensure you start and finish Q1 like a BOSS! You will have the momentum and the process to rinse and repeat moving forward.
- Break them down into smaller actionable steps
- Establish a review process for progress
- Hold yourself accountable (no more breaking promises to yourself)
- Increase your consistency (stop taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back)
- Implement a tracking process (you can’t manage what you don’t measure)
How to Ensure Your Value Proposition Accelerates Results Presented by Tina Hyland with neXco National
This Masterclass will help you understand your company’s value proposition, be able to clearly define it and articulate it to your prospects and circles of influence to help you win more business. Our presenters will be Kendley Davenport and Stephanie Eberhart.
- Understand the value and importance of their company’s value proposition.
- Develop their value proposition and deliver it in an impactful and compelling manner in order to win new business.
- Be able to share it with their circle of influence in order to receive the best referrals.
- Differentiate themselves from their competitors and clearly deliver their value to prospects and customers
Leading Through Crisis, Presented by Sierra Collins with Sierra Leadership Collaborative
- Learn practical ways to maneuver through times of difficulty and adversity
- Effectively battle distractions during times of crisis and stress
- Adopt successful thinking habits to think your way through any crisis
Content Networking, Presented by Mark McClatchey with PayTech Trust
This Masterclass will cover:
- What is Content Networking?
- Use of Other Peoples Content (OPC)
- Why is this of value
Discussing the benefits and tactics:
- Using OPC to position you as a trusted advisor
- Identifying front-burner problems and seeking those solutions
- HOW OPC can eliminate the “just checking in” email
How to Improve Your Company’s Culture in 2 Simple Steps Presented by Tina Hyland with neXco National
Having a strong culture may be your most important asset because it improves almost every aspect of a business. A strong operational culture permeates every process, interaction, decision, and action. A high performing company culture can be that extra element that your competitors can’t duplicate. If you define the behaviors that you know drive success, and your team consistently practices those behaviors as a part of your company’s culture, you’ve created your differentiator. An operationalized culture will enable your team to outshine others in many ways.
In this masterclass, you will learn the two key steps to elevate and operationalize your company’s culture. You will have the tools to begin implementing this into your organization immediately and reaping the rewards in the following areas, which will positively affect your bottom line:
1. Retention & Engagement
2. Winning more business
3. Attracting talent
4. Conflict resolution
5. Improved performance