They define their culture based on the behaviors they want to see in all team members which drive their culture.
An organization is only as good as its people perform. The same people will perform differently based on their environment and who they are surrounded by. If a company can improve the environment, company culture, to maximize the high performers and surround them with other top talent, the productivity and profits will soar along with the company’s culture.x
In today’s marketplace, most organizations are competing in a commoditized world. If we’re all seen as equal, the only differentiator for the client is price. However, if your people operate at a higher level than your competition, not only will your revenue and profits increase, but your competitors will also not be able to duplicate that. Prioritize and elevate your company’s culture and you will have a sustainable competitive advantage that no one will be able to match.
Leader’s influence a group or organization in a disproportionate way. If you’re not purposefully creating your culture in your organization, your culture will be created by those employees with the strongest personality, and they may not be the managers/leaders you want to be driving your company culture.
Do you have an operating system for your culture?
Follow this 8-step framework to be more intentional and elevate your company’s culture:
- Define what you want your company culture to be
- Ritualize those behaviors amongst your team
- Select the right people for the culture you’re trying to create
- Properly integrate new hires into your culture
- Consistently communicate your culture
- Day-to-day coaching moments to reinforce your culture and consistency.
- Lead by example.
- Hold everyone accountable.
Learn to leverage your organization’s culture in a virtual working environment and your company will benefit in numerous ways:
- Optimize employee performance and productivity
- Increase revenue and profits
- Recruit and retain top talent
- Improve diversity and inclusion of all employees
- Elevate customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Differentiate themselves in a competitive marketplace